Getting to know your cartridge
In order to get the best vaping performance out of your PurToke vape cartridges and batteries, it helps to understand a little bit about how a PurToke vape cartridge vapes hemp and cannabis oils.
Let's start by getting to know the major parts of a PurToke vape cartridge (see figure 1):
- Mouthpiece - This is where you draw air through.
- Oil tank - This is a sealed chamber with two holes at the bottom to allow the oil to drip into the vape chamber. The size of the holes and the fact that the rest of the chamber is sealed is what keeps your oil in the cartridge. The holes are matched to the viscosity of the oil inside so that the oil stays in the tank until the chamber heats up and your draw through the airway, thereby pulling oil into the chamber. Because the chamber also has some volume, it is possible that your tank will appear empty but you will still be able to vape oil in the chamber.
- Air path - This is the connection between your mouthpiece and the vape chamber below. Oil may sometimes come up from the vape chamber but as long as you keep your cartridge upright, the oil will fall back down and also be vaped.
- Vape chamber - This is the chamber where the oil drops in through two holes at the top of the chamber. Inside of this chamber, there is a ceramic coil, which when the proper voltage is applied to, via your PurToke battery, will heat to the perfect temperature to turn hemp or cannabis oil into a vapor. Vapor differs significantly from smoking in that there is no combustion. When vaping hemp or cannabis oils, the temperature is very important. If you overheat your oils, it can damage some of the ingredients. Using PurToke cartridges ensures that you are using ideal vape temperatures to maximize the enjoyment of your oils.
- Battery connector - Screwing this on to your battery is how the electrical connection is made between the cartridge and your battery. (See Figure 2)
- Air holes - It is through these air holes that air flows up into the vape chamber then through the air path and into and through the mouthpiece.
- Fill lines - each line on the chamber indicates .250 ML or approximately .25 gm of oil so two lines of oil, for example, would be .500 ML or approximately .5 gm. (see figure 3)
- PurToke brand - if you don't see the PurToke brand name on your cartridges you may not have any idea of the quality of the cartridge both in terms of performance and manufacturing. There are many similar looking cartridges on the market. By using PurToke vape cartridges, you will know you are always using high-quality hardware. Don't get stuck with a knockoff, stick to the brand your can trust, PurToke. (See Figure 4)